Thursday 18 August 2011

Tangle-tastic

Over the last month, I've been lucky enough to learn about Zentangle.  I've enjoyed this pastime immensely, and as the summer draws to an end, I'm looking for ways to use it in my classroom. 
This year, my grade 8 class is full of boys (19 boys, 9 girls - I'm sorely outnumbered!!) - not that that's a bad thing! - and I am always looking for good ways to settle my students and mentally prepare them for their lessons.  I'm thinking that tangling might be a good way to do this.  With some relaxing music, I'm hoping to allow them to open their minds and ready themselves for the day.  I can't wait to test it out!

1 comment:

  1. wow...19 boys!!! although in Grade 8 that might not be a bad thing, not so much drama!!! I think its a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!