Monday 26 September 2011

Diva Challenge #41 - Duotangle V. II

I haven't had time to tangle much lately - back-to-school has been insane. I made time for it tonight and am so glad that I did!  I love the result.  Thanks again to Laura, who presents challenges every week that encourage me to think outside the box! 

This week's challenge suggested that we use only 2 tangles, proving once again that less is more.  I always find working with a limit or narrow framework difficult.  The confines of the actual zentangle tile is a struggle for me, and I prefer to complete my work in a sketchbook instead.  As a result, my work is rarely "zentangle" size, but I like tangling with a larger page.

For this week, the tangles were Jonqal and Opus. I enjoyed the juxtaposition of the two - one is structured and grid-like, the other airy and free.  Loved it!


Just an add-on.... I decided to use Jonqal in a mandala - I can't decide if I like it or not....

7 comments:

  1. How beautiful. Like a lovely lace fan. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bold and yet delicate at the same time! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, such a clever combination of the two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look like a gorgeous fan. Laura picked a great combo of structure and curves and you made the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Opus looks like an intricate veil...very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you really captured a 3D feeling!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!