Monday 16 July 2012

Diva Challenge #79 - Citius, Altius, Fortius

This weekend I was lucky enough to enjoy a full day of tangling!  My post, Haliburton Treasures, outlines some of the fun we had.

This week's Diva Challenge was issued by a guest challenger, Rho Densmore.  Inspired by the Olympics, the challenge was to use the Olympic Rings to create a tangle.  I feel like I kind of cheated with this one - I used a toonie to draw the circles (cheat #1) and I used an idea that I incorporated into the Moebius challenge from a few months ago by putting Gneiss into the background (cheat #2). I used Staedtler Ergo Soft pencil crayons to colour.

Here it is - I may add another one throughout the week...


16 comments:

  1. it's very nice! i love the shading - excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, I like that you turned your tile :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very graphic. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's no cheating in Zentangle... just creating! Nice job, Gneiss sets off the rings beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your shading and the Gneiss in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very dramatic, Great tile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shading is wonderful, something I have yet to try. It makes your tile come alive, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply beautiful and it fits the blog background too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think you cheated! You might ordinarily use the same tangle patterns over and over. I really like the Gneiss in back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing. I've never heard of Gneiss, but it sure looks good here as background for the rings. The shading is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the elegant simplicity of your tile....I too used a template to get my rings just the way I wanted them...I don't think it as cheating...just enhancing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great design to meet the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice design and the shading is great!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!