Wednesday 17 October 2012

Diva Challenge #91 - Beads of Courage

This week, Laura's Diva Challenge was to incorporate "Beads of Courage" into our tile.  "Beads of Courage" is an organization that helps children who have chronic illnesses to tell their stories of courage.  Happy birthday to Artoo, who turned 2 yesterday!

The idea of being courageous was a theme at our school today, too - many classes participated in "Dignity Day", and one of my students was brave enough to share her story with a thousand people via webcam.  I was really proud of her :)  Click here to see her reflection of the day (and to check out her awesome tangles)!

This is my contribution to the Beads of Courage challenge - I was planning to leave the background blank, so that the beads would stand out, but I felt it was very stark and missing something.  I decided to go with a  lightweight tangle, and I'm really happy that I did, because Florz was perfect for what I envisioned.  Happy tangling!

Florz, Flux, Jetties, Striping, Echoism, Betweed, Tipple, Zedbra, Fricle, Hollibaugh

8 comments:

  1. Nice job. I agree that Florz is a great background choice. Saw someone else use it also. It does help set it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really amazing beads you have here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done, and I agree, it's the perfect background. Great shading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful beads on a great background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job - beads and background work well together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These beads are super and seem to come alive with your background.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!